The recent PCPS Succession Survey revealed that 62% of multi-owner firms believed that succession planning would be a major issue for them in the next five years. The survey also suggested that the level of merger activity will significantly increase, likely resulting in a buyers market. Odds are you are a potential buyer or seller. Have you considered the impact to your firm?
Gary Adamson has extensive experience in the M&A space working with both buyers and sellers. Adamson Advisory can help you with the before, during and after. For some tips on the “before” see our article Five Merger Tips to Help You Seal the Deal. We will help you get beyond the economics, where, as accountants, we naturally focus. The deals that fail are almost always not because of the numbers.Regardless of whether you are the buyer or the seller, here are few tips that will help you find and seal the right deal.
Five Merger Tips
Our M&A services include:
- Candidate search.
- Negotiation and document assistance.
- Practice valuation.
- Pre merger assistance:
- Coaching you through the decision to merge, or not.
- Helping buyers and sellers prepare.
- Determining the right fit.
- Identifying “sacred cows”.
- Assistance with due diligence.
- Post merger assistance including checklists and workshops to help tackle the integration challenge
Our MP background and practical approach helps you work through the process and get it done.