he way we run our firms and the roles and interactions of the partner group must evolve and change as the firm grows and changes. Unfortunately most of us don’t address the question until there is pain of some sort inside our firm. We will help you:
Most of us are thrust into the Managing Partner role in our firms with little or no training or coaching. Who teaches you to be an effective MP?
What exactly is this job?
- Match the best governance structure with the size and maturity of your practice.
- Find the right balance between all partners being involved in every decision versus a managing partner making all the decisions.
- Determine the role and job description of your managing partner. See our article Managing Partner 101 – Just What Exactly is the Job?
- Decide if you need an executive committee and it’s role.
- Define roles, terms and elections.