The big question of succession exists in every firm and it is not just in the partner ranks. Based upon a survey of the leading consultants to the profession, this is the number one obstacle facing most CPA firms. Time is not our friend. Taking action now to make sure the firm can survive the looming retirements is critical. We can help you:
- Look at key positions and develop your plan, now.
- Assess your governance structure and determine the changes needed to survive the retirements.
- Create the plan for your most critical transition, your Managing Partner.
- Review the plan for your key practice partners – do your retirement agreements have incentives for client transition, is there a mandatory retirement age, etc.?
- Develop the process to create the next generation in your firm including:
- Hiring processes to recruit the best.
- Career ladders that encourage growth of your all-stars and room for them.
- Make room for excellent client service people who will never be your partner?
- Training to develop the next generation of leaders.