As the year comes to a close, it is a good time to think about things that you wish had happened during 2022 but didn’t. Make them happen in 2023.
I’ll start the Rarely Happens List. I am sure you can add to it:
- Everybody shows up for work on time.
- Client engagements are brought in under budget.
- Every person has their timesheet entered by 9:00 a.m. (the deadline).
- Team members tell you they are getting lots of attention from their mentor.
- Not a single client is “over 90” on their accounts receivable.
- Every team member, from partners to beginners, thank you for the work you are doing.
- You work in your office for two hours and are not interrupted even once.
- Managing partners receive praise for bringing visions alive at the firm.
- Partners “nod” in agreement and really mean it.
Best wishes for a smooth tax season and a successful, profitable year in 2023. Happy New Year!