I have read a lot of John Maxwell’s books over the years and have enjoyed using his motivational quotations.
This month I want to share with you Maxwell’s Seven Steps to Success, along with my own comments.
- Make a commitment to grow daily. – Do you read inspirational material on a daily basis, like first thing in the morning? Do you procrastinate on obtaining meaningful CPE as part of your growing process?
- Value the process more than events. – Personal growth involves a commitment to continuous improvement. It is lifelong learning. Encourage your partners to make the same commitment.
- Don’t wait for inspiration. – How strong is your self-motivation? Do you hire people with the same character trait?
- Be willing to sacrifice pleasure for opportunity. – I see so many wasted opportunities inside CPA firms. How about your firm and its opportunities?
- Dream big. – At my firm, my motto was always Think Big. Pursue your dreams. Never settle for the status quo.
- Plan your priorities. – The best leaders are excellent at time management. How about you? How much time have you wasted this week, month, or year?
- Give up or go up. – Never, never give up. It takes perseverance to advance a CPA firm into the future. Never allow your firm to plateau and become frozen in time.